Download RadarNow! for Android on Google Play
RadarNow! offers great free features. The most important is that RadarNow! shows the most up to date NOAA WSR-88D Nexrad imagery available. RadarNow! draws imagery directly from the radar station and displays it on your device within seconds of it being released.
Here’s a comprehensive list of the free features.
- Automatically detect your location and display it on a map.
- Display looping NOAA WSR-88D NEXRAD radar images.
- Zoom and pan in “composite” mode around the entire continental US.
- Display temperatures on the map.
- Zoom and pan the map.
- Display county/state boundaries
- Tap on the screen to hide or reveal the map controls.
- No user input required to display the radar loop – just start and go!
- Use in portrait or landscape mode.
- Five zoom levels.
- Up to ten radar images in the loop (about an hour to an hour and a half of radar).
- Clutter suppression can be “toggled” by selecting the clutter icon (bottom-left).
- Control the speed of the loop, pause or go backwards.
- Opacity sliders for the maps and radar imagery.
- Show WSR-88D stations on the map.
- Current conditions available at the touch of a button.
- Hourly forecasts for the next two days
- If your location can’t be determined, enter a Zip Code.
- Option to skip wait for current location at startup.